Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rainbow Falls, Gorges State Park, NC

Gorges State Park lies between Rosman, NC and Sapphire, NC off Highway 64. This area is in the proclaimed "Land of Waterfalls" of Brevard and Transylvania counties. So, if you love waterfalls, definitely check this park out.



On our trip on 5/23/09, Lisa, Mallory (aka, the dog) and I hiked the Rainbow Falls Trail to Rainbow Falls. It's a 3 mile total, there and back hike. Of course the hike to the falls is pretty easy as it goes down hill to the falls. However, the hike back is a climb back out of the gorge. Don't be discouraged though, the falls is something to see. Also, if you don't mind the cold water, bring a bathing suit as there are tons of swimming holes along the way as well as an opportunity to jump from the cliffs below the falls.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ryan,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Sapphire to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete